So as per usual, I am the worst and haven’t written in ages. I have wanted to! I promise! But unfortunately, last week my sturdy ‘lil MacBook Pro suffered a terrible injury, that has led to it being practically unusable until I get it repaired. RIP. You lived a long 8 years. So actually writing has proved to be difficult, because I’m old school and need a real keyboard to type on. So I ordered a keyboard case for my iPad from Amazon, and here we are!
Life has been busy, and exhausting. City life never slows down, and sometimes I get swept away by the undertow and don’t come up for a while. I’ve been waiting for over two months to hear back from CAMH (awesome mental health facility here in Toronto) about a referral to see a psychiatrist, so that I have a regular doctor to help monitor my medication. So that process has been arduous and discouraging. I know that they work based on priority and my turn will come, but I still just really hate waiting.
My love has also started at a new job! This has been very exciting because I think it’s a better fit for him, for what he likes to do. And I love seeing him excited about his work. I think it’s important to care about what you’re doing, no matter what it is.
I have also started a new position at my job! I’m now a full fledged Bridal and Gift Registry Expert Consultant! I’ve been having an absolute blast with this position so far. Basically, I still get to be on the floor sometimes, but most of the time I work with couples who are getting married to put together a well-rounded list of things they like, to start their life together. It’s fun because once people get past the idea of putting things on that they may not necessarily buy for themselves, everyone gets really excited to choose things. Especially because for a lot of people, it’s the first time they’ll really have things that are just “theirs” and not hand-me-downs, or left over from when they were students.
My favourite is dinnerware. It’s creative because I get to experiment with colour and patterns, and try to work both parties of the couples’ sense of style into the place setting. It’s amazing how even a different colour of placemat or napkin can totally change the look and vibe of a table. I’m going to be out of control when its my turn, off I’m being honest.
I also wanted to take some time to talk about what I’d like to be writing about over the next little while. I know you guys come here for my hilarious sense of humour and quick wit, but I’m thinking I want to maybe broaden my horizons a little bit, to show a more well-rounded version of myself and my life.
Here are some of those things that I’m mulling over:
– More book reviews! I have been reading like CRAZY this year; I’m already at more than 30 books of my 100 book goal! Feel free to check out my Goodreads profile to keep up with what I’m reading. And trust me, I’ve read some really good ones. And I have feelings.
– More editorials! Like I said, I have a lot of feelings, about a lot of things. And I would like to share them. I cannot promise that they will not all be about Star Wars.
– More product reviews! I’ve been trying out some new makeup things, and I would love to share my thoughts with you. If you’re like, into that kind of thing.
– Pinterest Poser! Basically me undertaking DIY projects and probably being hilarious. I’m hoping to also feature some special guests!
– Hair and Makeup Tutorials! I do these things sometimes, and would love to share my experiences with you.
– Registry advice! I really want to add some how-to guides for brides and grooms and everyone in between! This would probably include product advice, how to shop from a registry, and how to choose items to put on your list!
– Faith related posts! I haven’t talked a whole lot about these kinds of things on here, because I am really not looking to alienate any of my lovely readers! These posts would be mostly critique and just my own thoughts about my experiences and things going on in the world, specifically relating to Christianity type things. I’ve become a part of this awesome community online called Exvangelical, and it’s full of people deprogramming from learning problematic theology, and recovering from abuse. I’ll also be talking about that kind of thing.
If there’s anything you don’t see on this list, or haven’t seen on the blog but would like to, please don’t hesitate to leave a comment below, or shoot me an email with your suggestions at email@example.com
As always, I promise to write again soon.
Thanks for always being so patient with me.